Citizens under the age of 14 who travel unaccompanied by whoever has parental responsibility or whoever takes their place must have a specific accompanying Declaration, bearing the name of the person (or persons), Organization or Company of Transport, to which they have been entrusted during the journey.
The Accompaniment Declaration can concern a single trip (to be understood as a one-way trip, or a return trip) from the country of residence of the minor to a specific destination and cannot normally exceed the maximum term of six months.
This Consulate can issue Accompanying Declarations only for Italian citizens registered with A.I.R.E. at this Consulate General.
To obtain the Declaration, those exercising parental or guardianship responsibility must:
1. make an appointment by writing to email@example.com;
2. fill in the Certificate of Accompaniment form without signing it;
3. Both parents must report to the consulate. In case of impossibility, the Italian/European parent can sign the form and attach a copy of the valid Italian passport, the non-EU parent must instead present himself in person at the consulate for signature;
4. for both parents, present a valid identity document (with photo and signature).
5. for the minor, present a copy of the Italian passport valid for the duration of the trip;
6. for each accompanying person, present a copy of the valid travel document (with photo and signature) for the duration of the trip;
However, the validity of the declaration cannot go beyond the expiry date of the passport.