This site uses technical, analytics and third-party cookies.
By continuing to browse, you accept the use of cookies.

Preferences cookies

Theft, loss or deterioration

In case of theft or loss of travel documents:
1. immediately file a complaint with the local authorities where the event occurred. You must obtain a copy of the complaint or the reference number;
2. send an email to to request the immediate suspension of your passport.

In case of deterioration, do not file a complaint.

For citizens enrolled in the A.I.R.E. at the Consulate General of Italy in Houston:
• in urgent cases, contact the emergency number +1 (713) 459-2110 and/or write to specifying and documenting the reasons for the urgency;
• otherwise book on Prenot@ami and show up for the appointment with all the documentation for issuing a passport (see passport for adults or passport for minors) and a copy of the report. The complaint form will be filled in at the headquarters and a new passport will be issued.

For NON-resident compatriots:
1. contact the emergency number to make arrangements for the release of the E.T.D.;
2. the complaint form will be filled in at the headquarters and an E.T.D. will be issued;
3. upon arrival in Italy, the complaint must be registered with the competent authorities.